Huntington Beach It Takes A Village Cleanup - Walmart Neighborhood Market
We are excited to announce that Drains to Ocean received a grant from Walmart Giving! We can’t wait to run our It Takes A Village Cleanup at the Walmart Neighborhood Market on Saturday, February 29th from 9am-11am.
We are excited to announce that Drains to Ocean received a grant from Walmart Giving! We can’t wait to run our It Takes A Village Cleanup at the Walmart Neighborhood Market on Saturday, February 29th from 9am-11am. Address: 21132 Beach Blvd HB CA 92648
Bags/Gloves/Buckets available (BYO Bag/Gloves/Bucket if you have them)
Families & Groups Welcome! Free Parking at the Ocean Institute Parking Lot. Look for the Blue Drains to Ocean tents.
• Reduce Pollution: Reduce the amount of pollution in our waterways by cleaning up trash before it gets into our storm drains, waterways and ocean.
• City Beautification: Beautify our neighborhoods by cleaning up trash in our local parks, beaches, community spaces and neighborhoods.
• Civic Engagement and Empowerment: Empower citizens by helping them organize their own cleanups in their own neighborhoods.
• Environmental Education: Educate the public on the impact their trash has on the pollution of our local ecosystems through experiential learning; they will experience first hand how much trash actually is in the streets, parks and beaches .
• Youth Education: Partner with schools and youth community groups to train and educate them on the impact of local cleanup efforts.
• Youth Leadership: Give young people the tools to organize their own cleanups by training them and providing them with resources.
• Develop Environmental Advocates and Leaders: Train and give citizens the tools they need to organize events in their community and lead dialogues and waste and pollution issues.
• Create Community and Neighborhood Bonding: Create civic engagement and dialogue within diverse communities by giving them an opportunity to come together for a common cause –cleaning up their neighborhood.